From the following news article on the extreme sailing series website:
- Alinghi snatch Act victory in Sydney and with it become 2014 Extreme Sailing Series™ Champions after 231 races this year.
- Second place for The Wave, Muscat while Realteam take third in Sydney and in the Series.
- Capsize for GAC Pindar cuts their regatta following a collision with Realteam.
- Replay today’s edge of the seat final races from Act 8 Sydney presented by Land Rover here – you don’t want to miss it!
- Just over seven weeks until the 2015 global tour kicks off in Singapore, 5th February, including a full starting grid of top international teams!
It is mission accomplished for Ernesto Bertarelli’s Swiss team Alinghi, as Morgan Larson and the team grabbed victory with both hands at Act 8 Sydney, presented by Land Rover, and with it the 2014 Extreme Sailing Series™ title – and Larson’s words say it all: “We’ve had an amazing season with an amazing team. To win the season and the Act on the last day in the conditions we had here in Sydney, which is the best sailing venue in the world, is a special moment that’s going to take a long time to sink in. The level of confidence that we have on our boat just made me realise I can win anything with these guys. This is the best feeling I’ve had all year and probably in the whole of my sailing career, so I’m going to cherish it.”
read more here