From the following press release on the Extreme Sailing Series website:
- An eight Act globetrotting circuit spanning Asia, the Middle East and Europe confirmed for an eighth year of Stadium Racing including two brand new Host Venues – Russia and Australia.
- Nine elite level teams representing seven nations – all 2013 teams return plus Olympic legend Sir Ben Ainslie and Volvo Ocean Race winner Franck Cammas.
- Maintaining the highest level of sporting integrity, in the same award-winning format, across a mix of iconic cities, established sailing venues, and new markets of strong commercial value to stakeholders.
- Win a Land Rover driving experience for two thanks to Series Main Partners Land Rover. There is no better way to go off-road! Enter here.
- Watch the official Series launch promo video here.
8 January – London: Extreme Sailing Series™ organisers OC Sport, alongside Land Rover, one of two Series Main Partners, have today confirmed details of their most ambitious Series to date at the London Boat Show. The award-winning and 'ISAF Special Event' world tour will celebrate its eighth year on the international sailing calendar with eight iconic Host Venues spanning three continents, over eleven months and nine elite level teams representing seven nations, who will compete to win the coveted Extreme Sailing Series trophy.
Executive Chairman of OC Sport, Mark Turner, commented: “2014 is the eighth year of this the original Stadium Racing circuit, and significantly our fourth as a world tour. We’ve added two commercially important markets for our stakeholders, and retained six existing venues as well as all the teams from 2013 – we continue on an upward curve with this event which is delivering elite level top class sporting action, as well as strong commercial return on investment for all its stakeholders. That combination remains number one priority for us with this event.”
read more here
And a promotional video for the 2014 season: